Saturday 26 January 2013

2013 Project - Getting Started.. The Human Side.

Ok.. So this year I decided to go with a huge project. The plan is going to be a 4x4 city table with humans vs aliens as theme. Now, I am fan of the movie Battle Los Angelos so I am taking that into account as am gathering all of the supplies for this project.

So, my first step was to order the human side. So far I have collected minis from Ground Zero Games, Rebel Minis and Khurasan. The later being my preferred vendor.

I already owned several blisters of Khurasans Federal Troops. So I purchased a command squad, and a few special and heavy weapons blisters. I also only owned a few basic squads of Exterminators, and I really like the look of those, so I picked up some more special weapons units, and also a couple of packs of the guys in the environmental suits.. which turned out to be awesome, as they make perfect powered armor troops!











Below is a group shot of all of the minis I have to paint.


So, thats the troops.. But I also needed a few more vehicles. So once again, back to Khurasan I went.

I wanted some big tough cool urban looking vehicles for the humans. I have tanks and APCs from GZGs but they dont really fit the bill for what I was looking for.(too sleek, and not boxy enough)

But then I found these.. and its just what the doctor ordered.








So, then I wanted to add something else to the human forces, and I wasn't sure what it was till I saw these. Who can say no to some armored walkers?!





So, as you can see, the 2013 project is exactly that.. A project. I am really looking forward to this..

Stay Tuned for more updates!






1 comment: